Monster Hunter Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Fans! Join up and schedule hunts for any of the currently available MH titles. While here be sure to share valuable insight.

3 posters

Website Suggestions!

Paws
    Paws
    Guild Council Member
    Guild Council Member

Helpful : 0

Website Suggestions! Empty Website Suggestions!

Post by Paws Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Here you're able to post suggestions of things you'd like to see on the website. ( Thanks to Cwolf for reminding me of adding one. )
    CWolf
    CWolf
    Seasoned Hunter
    Seasoned Hunter

Helpful : 1

Website Suggestions! Empty Re: Website Suggestions!

Post by CWolf Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:04 am

Awesome!
    So far the only other couple of things I would add would be:

A mobile version - however having done a lot of site myself in the past I know what a task this is so not a priority.

A videos section.  I am planning to link in (a separate thread each each for conversation about the content) several videos - All the tutorials by Arekkz for a start.  I would rather have these in a dedicated section than fill up the Discussion bank.
    CWolf
    CWolf
    Seasoned Hunter
    Seasoned Hunter

Post by CWolf Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:18 am

UCP has Twitter, Facebook, etc - yet no G+!
    That's how we originally met, could it be added?
    CWolf
    CWolf
    Seasoned Hunter
    Seasoned Hunter

Post by CWolf Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:22 am

Unable to locate the "Helpful" button on profiles, am I being blind?
    Would it make sense to have the button on posts - next to the ranking, kind of similar to a like button...
    PlanetaryNinja
    PlanetaryNinja
    Guild Council Member
    Guild Council Member

Helpful : 4

Post by PlanetaryNinja Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:58 am

CWolf wrote:Awesome!
    So far the only other couple of things I would add would be:

A mobile version - however having done a lot of site myself in the past I know what a task this is so not a priority.

A videos section.  I am planning to link in (a separate thread each each for conversation about the content) several videos - All the tutorials by Arekkz for a start.  I would rather have these in a dedicated section than fill up the Discussion bank.

We have a mobile version under development but at the moment i have it programmed to force the desktop version until it is finished. As far as a video section goes we can add a section for that unfortunately without buying the forum and using a free one you cannot post the full videos how ever url's will be fine.
    PlanetaryNinja
    PlanetaryNinja
    Guild Council Member
    Guild Council Member

Post by PlanetaryNinja Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:59 am

CWolf wrote:UCP has Twitter, Facebook, etc - yet no G+!
    That's how we originally met, could it be added?

Absolutely thats why this website suggestion section is so helpful thanks CWolf for the reminder.
    CWolf
    CWolf
    Seasoned Hunter
    Seasoned Hunter

Post by CWolf Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:04 am

We have a mobile version under development but at the moment i have it programmed to force the desktop version until it is finished. As far as a video section goes we can add a section for that unfortunately without buying the forum and using a free one you cannot post the full videos how ever url's will be fine.
    Yup, I was thinking links only anyway to avoid credit/copyright issues. I'll set one up later if that is ok.

As for mobile, good to hear! I love that you prefer to make sure things work before releasing the product - EA take note!

Question: what is the cost of the full thing?
    PlanetaryNinja
    PlanetaryNinja
    Guild Council Member
    Guild Council Member

Post by PlanetaryNinja Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:11 am

CWolf wrote:
    Yup, I was thinking links only anyway to avoid credit/copyright issues.  I'll set one up later if that is ok.

As for mobile, good to hear!  I love that you prefer to make sure things work before releasing the product - EA take note!

Question: what is the cost of the full thing?

Unfortunately for 1/2 Gb of data storage for videos and pics a year, domain name access for a year, and no ads for a year its around $100 usd so in my mind not worth it. I would suggest that we use Google plus for videos because they give 15gb for free. We know there are pros and cons of having a forum this is just something we will have to deal with.
    CWolf
    CWolf
    Seasoned Hunter
    Seasoned Hunter

Post by CWolf Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:16 am

Website Suggestions! Forumshot2
    Awww! Meany!
    Actually this was a result of leaving the year in Age as 0.
    I have lied on mine by a couple of years as I don't do giving out DOB online, month and day fair enough, not year though.
    CWolf
    CWolf
    Seasoned Hunter
    Seasoned Hunter

Post by CWolf Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:18 am

PlanetaryNinja wrote:Unfortunately for 1/2 Gb of data storage for videos and pics a year, domain name access for a year, and no ads for a year its around $100 usd so in my mind not worth it. I would suggest that we use Google plus for videos because they give 15gb for free. We know there are pros and cons of having a forum this is just something we will have to deal with.
    Well, if it is a video we Have to host, if for some reason a link won't do, I have around 50gb not in use on Google Drive I can donate.
    PlanetaryNinja
    PlanetaryNinja
    Guild Council Member
    Guild Council Member

Post by PlanetaryNinja Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:20 am

CWolf wrote:
    PlanetaryNinja wrote:Unfortunately for 1/2 Gb of data storage for videos and pics a year, domain name access for a year, and no ads for a year its around $100 usd so in my mind not worth it. I would suggest that we use Google plus for videos because they give 15gb for free. We know there are pros and cons of having a forum this is just something we will have to deal with.
    Well, if it is a video we Have to host, if for some reason a link won't do, I have around 50gb not in use on Google Drive I can donate.

It will be in discussion on the next council meeting. forums are designed for text and that is why they do not have much server space. Also user at age 0 or 99 will not be accepted sorry.
    CWolf
    CWolf
    Seasoned Hunter
    Seasoned Hunter

Post by CWolf Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:30 am

Hahahah, I was highlighting how the forum works if you leave the year out. Thought it was funny.

Do we need the year at all seeing as we state on the front page that the site is child friendly?
    I would suggest if we are having age recorded that there is a disclaimer stating that the year will not be publicly visible.
    Should we also take into account the age limit of the game? Or would that be too hard to implement due to locational differences?

Also... what if I am 99 - why could I not join? I am not, however my father in law is a 70+ gamer...
    PlanetaryNinja
    PlanetaryNinja
    Guild Council Member
    Guild Council Member

Post by PlanetaryNinja Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:40 am

CWolf wrote:Hahahah, I was highlighting how the forum works if you leave the year out.  Thought it was funny.

Do we need the year at all seeing as we state on the front page that the site is child friendly?
    I would suggest if we are having age recorded that there is a disclaimer stating that the year will not be publicly visible.
    Should we also take into account the age limit of the game? Or would that be too hard to implement due to locational differences?

Also...  what if I am 99 - why could I not join?  I am not, however my father in law is a 70+ gamer...

I have played with the helpful section and figured out how it works. Check out the topic under Ranking System.

70+ is not 99 and the forum requires ages I will look more at the configuration and see if I can bypass it.
    Paws
    Paws
    Guild Council Member
    Guild Council Member

Helpful : 0

Post by Paws Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:18 pm

CWolf wrote:Unable to locate the "Helpful" button on profiles, am I being blind?
    Would it make sense to have the button on posts - next to the ranking, kind of similar to a like button...

The helpful button is beside the posts but not actually on the profile itself, I just voted on your post as helpful it looks as so:

+
    _

-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 pm